About Our Helicopters
In every aspect, the R44 is ideally suited to providing you with a comfortable, enjoyable and safe air tour.
The Ideal Tour Helicopter: Robinson R44
We fly the fuel-efficient 4-seat Robinson R44 helicopter, manufactured by the Robinson Helicopter Company in Torrance, California. The R44 is known for excellent safety and reliability, smooth handling, and superior comfort.
The spacious cockpit contains two rows of seats. The 2 by 2 seat configuration provides for one passenger seat in the front next to the pilot, and two passenger seats in the rear of the helicopter. All seats are window seats and the open cabin design allows for unobstructed viewing.
Personal belongings can be stored safely in the baggage compartments under each seat. Two-way intercom permits spontaneous communication with your pilot. In every aspect, the R44 is ideally suited to providing you with a comfortable, enjoyable and safe air tour.
Robinson R44 Raven II Specs
- Engine Type: Lycoming IO-540 Fuel Injected
- Cylinders: 6
- Max Gross Weight: 2500 lb
- Empty Weight Equipped: 1500 lb
- Standard Fuel (30.6 gal): 184 lb
- Auxiliary Fuel (18.3 gal): 110 lb
- Passengers and Baggage with Std Fuel: 816 lb
- Cruise Speed*: Up to 135 mph (117 kts)
- Maximum Range (no reserve): Up to 350 miles
- Hover Ceiling IGE @ Gross Weight: 8950 ft
- Hover Ceiling OGE @ 2300 lb: 7500 ft
- Rate of Climb: Over 1000 fpm
- Maximum Operating Altitude: Standard
- Electrical System: 28V
- 7-Hole Instrument Panel: Standard
- Air Conditioning: Optional
- *for comparison purposes only, actual results may vary